- 15-Oct-2013 to 21-Oct-2013 (EST)
- Branch - Catawba Valley Blvd.
- Hickory, NC, USA
- Peak Time
- 15 hrs./wk
Provides exceptional customer service. Supports Business Center and Peoples Bank goals, mission statement, new initiatives and customer-focused sales culture. Processes customer transactions in a professional and efficient manner. Disburses cash accurately and maintains a cash drawer, balancing it daily. Answers customer inquiries and cross-sell products and services of the Bank.
Responsible for handling customer transactions quickly and efficiently in a courteous manner within established policies and procedures and to identify and assist in customer needs in a proficient and professional manner.
- Meet all requirements for Teller I position.
- Minimum of 1 year teller or related work experience.
- Demonstrated capacity in customer service and team support.
- Demonstrated understanding of all bank policies, security and procedures.
- Have performed acceptably in all areas of exposure.
ORGANIZATION ROLEJOB SCOPE
- Maintain excellent customer relations.
- Handle/assist customers with routine questions and concerns.
- Recognize customer needs and make at least 15 referrals per month.
- Seek out customers with complaints or problems and initiate solution immediately.
- Represent bank in a professional and mature manner at all times.
- Process various types of customer transactions and services.
- Balance cash daily.
- Assists in Branch Capture operations.
- Follow all outlined security procedures.
- Follow all outlined operation procedures.
- Cross train and back up – as requested – on new accounts desk.
- Cross train and back up – as requested – as vault teller, safe deposit custodian, drive-in window, OJT trainer and roving teller.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all customer and bank information.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Must be a high school graduate or equivalent with additional banking courses helpful. Good math skills are essential. Good communication skills and positive attitude toward sales and customer relationship development.
Six months to one year cash-handling experience preferably in a financial institution is a basic requirement. Bank operations experience would be helpful in understanding why procedures are set and followed.
Manual dexterity and proficiency with calculator are required. Familiarity with data entry/retrieval PC and typewriter. Must have excellent customer relation skills.
- Greets customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Answers account inquiries and cross-sells Bank products and services to meet customer needs as appropriate.
- Utilizes CRM tools (i.e. Leadbuilder, 360 View) to identify and document additional customer needs and cross sell opportunities.
- Processes customer deposits and withdrawals in an accurate and efficient manner and maintains specified limits in cash drawer.
- Balances cash drawer at the close of each banking day, and 5 PM closeout processing for operations.
- Reconciles and/or refers problem accounts with customers who are having difficulty.
- Processes night deposit bags and/or mail in transactions.
- Balances the ATM machine and processes ATM deposits.
- Types Currency Transaction Reports as needed.
- Issues cashier's checks and money orders.
- Operates the drive-in window as needed.
- May review various reports for the branch such as kiting, overdraft and NSF reports.
- May issue travelers checks for customers.
- May process large deposits for commercial customers.
- May balance the vault and order cash shipments occasionally.
- May be assigned vault duties.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Comply with provisions of Federal & State laws & regulations such as the Bank Secrecy Act, & Reg. CC.
Ability: Physical: Environment:
- Vision Lifting___Lbs. Noise
- Hearing Standing Dust
- Speech Bending Fumes
- Dexterity Visual Concentration Heat/Cold